Saturday, April 21, 2012

My Proudest Moment!

So over a year ago my old friend, and style confidant  Lorenzo commissioned two drawings for his apartment. I was glad to accept the task. At the time I was super influenced by the Pegan/Satanic craze my friends from Atlanta and Savannah seemed to be obsessed with. The first drawing ended up being ( I think?) a bare chested crazed looking woman with a pentagram chest piece and ram horns. It was scary, and a blatant copy of an image I'd seen on my friend, Madison's, tumblr combine with t-shirt designs by Actual Pain. Not my best work. Certainly not my most original.
   The second drawing I ended up being much more proud of. It became something of a conversation piece for my living room in the apartment I had at the time. People either loved it or hated it or were totally confused by it. I gave the drawing two titles "The Almighty Buck" and "Deer Jesus". Basically it was a typical drawing of Christ on the cross, except his head is that of a deer, and he has hooves for feet and hands. I sent it to Lorenzo, and I think he agreed that it was the better of the two pictures. Some months later I received the picture below of one of his friends. That's my artwork people! And it's on this kids leg? for life. Kick Ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment